What We Offer:
We have exciting programs to help adults who want to improve their reading, writing, and communication skills. These programs are completely FREE and can help you reach your goals, such as finding a job, supporting your family, or becoming a citizen. We also offer English as a Second Language (ESL) services to help you learn English.
Here are some of the things we offer:
- One-on-one Tutoring: You can work with a friendly tutor who will help you improve your reading skills. They will teach you how to read better, write well, and communicate with others.
- Group Learning Sessions: We also have fun learning sessions in small groups (between 6 to 8 people). You can join an English Conversation Club to practice speaking English. We also have a Citizenship Preparation and English Learners’ Book Club where you can learn and have fun together.
- Computer Classes: We offer classes to help you learn how to use the computer, internet, or smartphone. You can learn new skills and become comfortable with technology, and help with job-related tasks like writing resumes and using job search websites.
- Job Help: We understand the importance of finding a job. Our programs can help you with job-related skills such as resume writing, interview preparation, and workplace communication.
- Family Literacy: We provide workshops and events for families to learn together at home. You can learn new ways to promote learning at home with your family.
- Library Connect Vans: We have special vans that visit different places in your community. These vans have programs and services to help improve your reading skills. If you can’t come to the library, we can bring the library to you! Visit the Library Connect page (ALREADY LINKED) to see when your local Library Connect van visits a stop near you.
To join our programs and participate at your local RCLS library or online, fill out the interest form below. If you don’t have a computer or tablet to connect to online programs, we can provide one for you. Please note that you need to be 16 years or older and live in Riverside County to qualify. Our Literacy staff will contact you to help you with the enrollment process. This process includes a placement assessment to help ensure that the learning materials provided meet your personal needs and goals. After enrolling it may take a few months to officially start tutoring sessions with an appointed tutor.
If you have any questions or want more information about our programs, events, or other literacy programs in Riverside County, you can call us at 951-685-6901 or email us at [email protected].
BECOME A VOLUNTEER TUTOR
LITERACY CLASS REGISTRATION
Fall 2023 Literacy Classes | Clases de literacía (alfabetización) de otoño de 2023
Our Fall 2023 classes will be from September 11-November 17. Our classes are currently full but you can still join the waitlist. If you need help filling out the form, please contact Literacy staff at (951) 685-6901 or (760) 574-1812.
BECOME A LEARNER
Western County Literacy Center
Next to Louis Robidoux Library
5840 Mission Blvd, Jurupa Valley, CA 92509
Email: [email protected]
Desert Region Literacy Offices
Inside Indio Public Library
200 Civic Center Dr, Indio, CA 92201
Email: [email protected]